Tech Tips From Atlantic Technology
Below are a collection of industry tech tips. From basic to advanced issues, these tips are presented to provide quick, convenient answers to some common sound technology questions. Just click on a tip to read the PDF. Or, using your right mouse button, click a link and choose "Save target as" to download directly to your computer. Don't have Acrobat Reader? Click the icon below and download Reader.
- Tech Tip #2 - Box Speaker Feature Comparison Chart
Compare Atlantic Technology Speakers at a glance with this helpful chart.
- Tech Tip #3 - In-Wall Speaker Feature Comparison Chart
For the low-down on Infinite Baffle Speakers, Closed-box and In-ceiling speakers, these charts provide all the comparisons you will need.
- Tech Tip #4 - Box Speaker Room Size Chart
See examples of what Atlantic box speakers are right for your room.
- Tech Tip #5 - In-Wall Speaker Room Size Chart
Find the right Atlantic In-Wall speakers for your room.
- Tech Tip #7 - Why the ICTS-6 LCR
The Dilemma: Great Theater Sound, without any visible speakers. (No, not even in-walls!) The Answer: The Atlantic Technology ICTS-6 LCR. Bona fide, top quality LCR sound from a CEILING speaker.
- Tech Tip #9 - Why we do sealed (acoustic suspension) subwoofers
Most people don’t think too much about what kind of subwoofer they’re using. They see the box, they hook it up, and then they pretty much forget it. But at Atlantic Technology, we give these things LOTS of thought, because we take them very seriously.
- Tech Tip #10 - 7.1 Dipole Placement
The main thing to keep in mind when placing surround speakers in a home theater is that one or two pairs of surround speakers in your room are somehow supposed to replicate the sound delivered by 12-24 surround speakers in a commercial theater. That’s a big task. Here's how to do it best.
- Tech Tip #11 - Why our Low Resonance Tweeter (LRT™) is better
Atlantic uses a special tweeter in several of its custom-installed models, which makes these speakers better than most others.
- Tech Tip #12 - Will the sound of a 3-in-1 LCR speaker be “squashed” together?
Three-in-one LCR speakers are really gaining in popularity because they offer true hi-fidelity sound from a neat, easyto- install package that doesn’t require any walls to be cut, and doesn’t take up any floor space.
- Tech Tip #13 - What is “Boundary Compensation”?
A boundary, in speaker terms, is any large nearby surface that affects the sound of a speaker.
- Tech Tip #15 -Subwoofer Placement
"Where do I put the subwoofer?" This is probably the most often asked question when putting together a theater system.
- Tech Tip #16 - Why is MDF (Medium Density Fiberboard) better?
There are a lot of different materials used to make speaker enclosures and baffles.
- Tech Tip #17- Mix 'n Match
Can I mix 'n match different Atlantic speakers in my Home Theater?
- Tech Tip #19 - What is Clear Filter Technology (CFT)?
Of all those 3-letter acronyms floating around, THIS is the one you should know!
- Tech Tip #20 - Surround Sound Without Surround Speakers!
How to get convincing surround sound WITHOUT having to connect surround speakers!
- TechTip #21 - Always Set the Speaker Size to 'Small'
Confused on how to set your home theater receiver's speaker selector? This will set you straight!
- Tech Tip #24 - Everybody wants POWER!
We'll tell you the secret to getting the power you really need.
- Tech Tip #25 - Do it 'till it Hertz
What do all those strange-sounding terms mean, anyway? Read on--we'll make you sound so smart!
- Tech Tip # 26 - Creating Good Room Acoustics
Getting your room to work with you instead of against you for great sound.
- Tech Tip # 28 - Setting your receiver's sub crossover
This is what you need to know to get great sound from your home theater system.
- Tech Tip # 29 - Spread it Around
We're not spreading peanut butter on toast--we're talking about the whys and wherefores about how speakers spread out sound around the room.
- Tech Tip # 31 - 'Local' Delivery
You've probably heard the term 'localize.' Find out what it means and why it's important to your home entertainment system.
- Tech Tip # 32 - L-C-R Speaker Placement
Everything you need to know about how and where to place your front speakers for best theater sound.
- Tech Tip # 33 -Surround Speakers--Explained!
What surround speakers do, why they're important, how many you need, where to put them. That about covers it, right?
- Tech Tip # 37 - That's a Gross Distortion
How to make sense of all those distortion specs you see bandied about.
- Tech Tip # 38 - Why No Back Box for the IWTS-28 SUB?
This in-wall sub doesn't require a back box--here's why.
- Tech Tip # 40 - Understanding Frequency Response
The concept of Frequency Response is the cornerstone of understanding all things audio. Read this and you're an expert!
- Tech Tip # 41 - The Amazing ICTS-6.1-IP
This is one incredible "value-priced" ceiling speaker. Here's what makes it so special.
- Tech Tip # 42 - Center Channel Dispersion
You might think our "raised tweeter" design is just a pretty face. But with Atlantic, beauty is always more than skin deep.
- Tech Tip # 43 - Incredible H-PAS Technology
This might just be the most revolutionary speaker technology in decades!
- Tech Tip # 44 - More Power to You
Why speakers sound so different: The concepts of Power Response vs. Frequency Response, and other good stuff!
- Tech Tip # 45 - Impeding Your Progress
Decoding all that mysterious talk about speaker impedance.
- Tech Tip # 46 - Don't Get Your Wires Crossed
This is the required follow-on to TT45--all about Series-Parallel wiring. Read 'em both!
- Tech Tip # 47 - Go Wireless!
It's a wireless world.
- Tech Tip # 48 - Three-in-a row
A clever--and smart!--twist on selecting and placing your LCR speakers.
- Tech Tip # 49 - The Remarkable AT-2 Bookshelf Speaker
Unexpected deep bass and sonic refinement, from a package less than 16" tall!