- Fits into standard 16"-on-center, 3 1/2" deep wall construction-no back box needed
- Switchable Dipole-Bipole operation
- Dual 5 1/4" woofers and 1" tweeters disperse surround sound like multiple speakers in a commercial movie theater
Trouble viewing the links above? Download the latest version of Adobe Reader.
||System 20e SR |
||Dual 5 1/4 in. CCMG midranges w/Butyl rubber surrounds|
Dual 3/4 in. natural silk dome tweeters w/Neodymium magnet and Ferrofluid cooling
||Switchable Dipole or Bipole array|
||80HZ - 20kHz +/-3dB|
||87dB, 1 watt, 1 meter|
||50 - 200WRMS|
||12 1/16x 15 5/8 x 3 3/4 in., 306 x 396 x 95mm|
||11 x 14 3/8in., 279 x 365mm.|
||IN-INST 20 SR required for all installations|
Atlantic Technology reserves the right to change specifications or appearance at any time without notice.
System 20e SR
Stick'em Up. You're Surrounded!
The System 20e SR is called a surround speaker because that's what it does it surrounds you with the environmental sounds of the scene taking place on the screen. No matter whether in Dolby Surround®, Dolby Digital®, DTS®, or any other format, the surround speakers are most often there to deliver non-localizable environmental sonic cues.
The horizontally mounted System 20e SR offers a unique combination of benefits. It delivers true Dipole surround performance, and yet, thanks to it minimum footprint design, fits easily into a standard 2 x 4 studded wall! Each System 20e SR consists of two sets of matched drivers in essence it is two speaker systems. In Dipole mode these two systems operate "out of phase" with each other. The speaker's sound radiation pattern is similar to an infinity symbol, sweeping along the wall to each side. There's a distinct null or "dead zone" centered directly in front of the speaker which is in turn centered on the seating area. When properly placed and balanced, this creates a large, diffuse, non-localizable, and enveloping sound field that draws you into the action. Should you have an installation in which Dipole operation might be less than optimal, the speaker can easily be switched to Bipole operation.
Technical Highlights (For the Right Brain Crowd)
System 20e SR
- System 20e SR is a Frequency Enhanced Dipole. It operates as a Monopole from 200Hz down, thereby eliminating the Dipole's tendency to cancel its own bass output. It is a true wide range speaker, fully capable of taking advantage of the latest Digital multi-channel formats.
- A front mounted switch changes the System 20e SR to Bipole mode.
- The System 20e SR fits in standard "two by four", sixteen inch on-center wall construction
System 20 LCR and System 20e SR
- Both speakers feature computer optimized 18dB/octave crossovers with air core inductors.
- Input connections are made with gold plated, heavy duty spring loaded terminals that will accept up to 8 gauge wire, banana plugs, or connector pins.
- Paint shields are supplied making it easy to paint System 20 speakers to match the surrounding wall surface.