- Unique Atlantic design makes this speaker ideal for all object based audio formats
- High dynamic range 6" woofer coupled with dual 1" soft dome tweeters eliminate" hot spotting" and localization.
- Creates a diffused sound field to replicate a true theater experience
- Optional back-box and square grills sold separately
Trouble viewing the links above? Download the latest version of Adobe Reader.
||48 – 22kHz
||6 ½" (165mm) Polypropylene 1" voice coil
||Dual 1" (25mm) silk dome
||2.7kHz, 12db per octave
||10 – 140 Watts RMS
|(Optional) Ceiling Back Box
|(Optional) New Construction Kit
||IC-NC-TLC-6 (Avail Feb 2016)
|(Optional) Square Grills
||SQ-GRILLS-6 (9 3/8 inches)
Atlantic Technology reserves the right to change specifications or appearance at any time without notice.
To best experience true object based audio, you need a speaker that is capable of creating the correct sound field. The original sound track has been mixed with a commercial movie theater in mind where sound is projected from a 30' height ceiling allowing the image to spread over a large area. This diffusion minimizes localization of the sound. Virtually all home theaters do not have the benefit of a 30' ceiling. Therefore, one needs a speaker that is capable of diffusing the sound thus eliminating any localization of "hot spotting" within the room. With its design, coupled with proper orientation in the installation, the IC-6 OBA is an ideal choice to accomplish this acoustic goal.
• Mica-Loaded Polypropylene cone: Polypropylene has physical properties that make it ideal for loudspeaker drivers and consequently is found in many of the world’s finest loudspeakers. Its combination of stiffness and strength-to-weight ratio means that it results in a more precise and defined sound reproduction.
• Soft-dome tweeter: Another feature often found in the world’s finest loudspeakers. The low mass of treated cloth and its self-damping properties deliver more accurate sound with less distortion.
• Stable tweeter bridge mounting
: The tweeters in our ceiling loudspeakers are mounted on an extremely stable bridge rather than on a central “pole” as found in conventional designs. This mounting method is less prone to resonance and vibration than a central pole tweeter mount, resulting in cleaner sound especially at high listening levels.